|Dr. Chandra Kodey, DDS||
1702 Miramonte Ave,
Mountain View, CA
General dentistry covers a wide range of procedures. This includes the initial consultation and diagnostics such as X-rays, CAT scans and wax moulds for replacement teeth. Dr. Kodey will use a variety of methods to determine the correct treatment plan.
In terms of treatments, General Dentistry procedures include the following:
- Fillings: A filling is a type of restorative treatment that is used to repair tooth decay, cavities, minimal tooth fractures or damaged surface of the teeth. The material used for fillings could include porcelain, composite or glass ionomer.
watch video·which filling is right for you
- Crowns: A crown is used as a "cap" that is placed over a tooth to cover it to restore its shape, size or strength or to improve the tooth's appearance. While fillings cover only a portion of the tooth, a crown completely encases the visible area of the tooth creating a new outer surface.
- Bridge: A bridge is a fixed removable denture that is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dr. Kodey has successfully performed hundreds of complex bridges including several multi-unit bridges.
- Root canal treatment: A root canal procedure is done when the tissue or "pulp" within a tooth becomes infected. The procedure involves removing the nerve and pulp from inside the tooth and cleaning and sealing it. Without the treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected resulting in the formation of abscesses. Watch
video 1 and video 2
- Dentures: A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and adjacent tissues. It is made of acrylic resin, sometimes in combination with various metals. Complete dentures replace all the teeth, while a partial denture fills in the spaces created by missing teeth and prevents other teeth from changing position.
- Dental cleaning: Teeth cleaning is part of oral hygiene and involves the removal of dental plaque from teeth with the intention of preventing cavities (dental caries), gingivitis, and periodontal disease. People routinely clean their own teeth by brushing and interdental cleaning, and dental hygienists can remove hardened deposits (tartar) not removed by routine cleaning. Those with dentures and natural teeth may supplement their cleaning with a denture cleaner.
- Bonding: Bonding is the application of a tooth-colored composite resin (plastic) to repair a decayed, chipped, fractured or discolored tooth. Unlike veneers, which are manufactured in a laboratory and require a customized mold to achieve a proper fit, bonding can be done in a single visit. The procedure is called bonding because the material bonds to the tooth.
Why choose Dr. Kodey for your Dental health?
Pretty much every Dentist offers the above services. So how do you select the correct one for your Dental needs? To be a great Dentist it takes more than technical skills. It takes compassion, commitment and an artistic bent of mind. Dr. Kodey has the unique ability to relate to her patient's dental health and has earned a reputation for creating beautiful smiles.